Over the past few weeks everyone has been working on various parts of our animation.
These are some of Jessica’s concepts:
Emma’s worm design:
Some of my sketches:
I took some inspiration from an illustrator that I found online, unfortunately I could not find the individual artist only the illustration company.
These illustrations (especially the one on the top left hand corner) really inspired one of my designs for the worm character:
I have been working on some possible worm designs in maya.. but so far I’m not happy with them. We want the worm to be much cuter than this!
Since the first presentation Carla has been working on drawing an updated animatic for our animation. Once she was finished I added the sound to it.
Here it is:
We had our second presentation at the start of this week and Mike said that he wasn’t happy with the camera work so after the presentations were over he sat down with our group and drew out a storyboard using much better camera shots.
Here’s Mike’s storyboard:
We will definitely keep Mike’s feedback in mind when we are drawing out our new animatic!
He also mentioned that we need to come up with a final design for our worm. So I started working on a new design for him. I started by modelling the head and body before moving onto the worms face whereas with the earlier designs I was focusing solely on the worms head and face.
Here is the progress so far:
After showing the design to the group we decided that this was the kind of design that we wanted to go for.
I played about with the idea of giving him teeth and enlarging the eyes but I’m not sure if we are going to go for this in the end:
After this I realised that he needed some more detail so I found a YouTube video which explained how to model a tounge.